Wednesday, 5 February 2014



Where Oh Where Did My Energy Go?!?

Ok, so another quick update.  After receiving mega-doses of solu-mederol for 3 days plus 5 times the prednisone I normally take orally after that, the steroids have temporarily knocked out my pancreas’ ability to produce enough insulin naturally. I’m having to take fast-acting insulin before each meal for now but hope and pray that once some of the meds in my system level off I will no longer require it.   I’m not used to having to test my blood sugars so often since I am not normally diabetic and I don’t mind saying it’s a pain in the arse.  Just a tad grumpy tonight I guess. 
 
Also I started on Prograf, my new anti-rejection med today, which may also be contributing to my irritability.  I know that my body will eventually adjust and the side effects will diminish or go away altogether but till then, I am dealing with some real wild mood swings,  abdominal cramping, irritability, a very pronounced tremor in my hands and legs and just general weakness and malaise.  Oh and my prednisone moon face and neck are ba-a-ack! Yay.  Oh well, with my immunity so severely compromised, I can’t really go out much right now anyway.   And so ends my rant for the day. Whew, that was cathartic. LOL

I’m hanging on to the knowledge that each day will get a little better till I’m feeling back to normal.

Take care and thanks for taking the time to read my update.  Your interest is really appreciated. J

No comments:

Post a Comment