I am reposting my old blog on this site including old posts that were previously published on another site. After I finish putting up all the old posts I will bring the new blog up-to-date with some new thoughts and posts. Thanks for your patience. :) Also, I am not adding all the previous comments from the old blog because I can't figure out how to add them however I appreciated each and every comment and have saved them all so I can go back and read them every now and then. Thanks to everyone who signed the old blog.
3 MONTH MARK
I had a test that required me to eat a radioactive
egg and toast and then go for several x-rays to see how quickly it moved
through my system.
I had an esophageal motility test where they put a tube up my nose and down my throat to my stomach for 24 hours just to make sure I was not regurgitating food into my lungs. Then I had lots and lots of blood work, a CT Scan, a 3-D Echo, X-rays, a 6 minute walk test which was SO improved from my pre-transplant days, a Pulmonary Function Test which was also very much improved from my pre-transplant days and finally, my clinic appointment with the transplant doctors. During the appointment they cut back and/or stopped a number of meds which is great news for me.
Based on my results a person would be inclined to
think some doctor decided to yank out my old lungs and give me a completely new
and improved set. OH WAIT, that IS what happened! *grin*I had an esophageal motility test where they put a tube up my nose and down my throat to my stomach for 24 hours just to make sure I was not regurgitating food into my lungs. Then I had lots and lots of blood work, a CT Scan, a 3-D Echo, X-rays, a 6 minute walk test which was SO improved from my pre-transplant days, a Pulmonary Function Test which was also very much improved from my pre-transplant days and finally, my clinic appointment with the transplant doctors. During the appointment they cut back and/or stopped a number of meds which is great news for me.
Some of my appointments were very early in the
morning so we decided to stay at the Delta Chelsea for several days so we could
have a relaxing couple night’s sleep and not have to worry about the tedious
commute from home to Toronto each morning and night. It turned out to be
a good idea and worked out well. Here are a few pictures of us at the
hotel. As you can see, in this picture I have the tubing in my nose.
The tests continue this week too but at least the
tests I’m doing this week are being done locally so I don’t have to travel to
Toronto. I have to wear a Holter Monitor for two days and have a MIBI
Stress Test to measure how effectively my heart is working. The tests are
just a precaution to rule out any possible hidden problems. Last fall I
had all these tests and a right and left catheterization everything was great
but being that I had that close call with the flash pulmonary edema about a
month ago, the doc thought it was a good idea to double check. That’s ok
with me because I certainly wouldn’t want to go through that again. The whole thing really
knocked me on my keester and it took a long time to bounce back. In fact,
I’m not fully recovered even now. I still feel stressed occasionally when I worry that I might have another crisis so I’m using all the
relaxation techniques I’ve learned over the last couple of years so I don’t end
up looking like this little mouse.
Take a look at the pictures
I’ve posted of our time in Toronto.
Eric on the patio of the Delta Chelsea
The Atrium at Toronto General Hospital
One of the many waiting rooms at TGH







No comments:
Post a Comment