Monday, 20 January 2014



Posted on March 5, 2013 by Gale

Good morning/afternoon/evening.  I want to start off by saying that I’m not one to complain a lot.  Well not too much anyway, just occasionally.  Well more than occasionally maybe.  Ok,  ok, so I complain a lot.  Since I got sick my activities are limited and face it, complaining gives me something to do.  *grin*

I’m pretty good at it too if I do say so myself.  I believe if you are going to do something you should give it your best…so I do!  I’m just saying!
I have struggled with being overweight for most of my adult life but I’ve been sticking to my diet faithfully and I’m still losing albeit more  slowly but I’m very proud of the fact that I have lost over 55 pounds.

No mean feat when you consider that I have a very limited ability to exercise.   Did I mention that I also like to brag a lot?  I do; just for the record. LOL  Some might even say I’m holding my own but that wouldn’t be true since I have lost a couple more pounds and my  goal is to lose about another 15 pounds.  Everybody tells me that as this disease progresses your appetite diminishes but so far that just hasn’t been the case for me.

One of my doctors,  explained how important it is to keep a journal of what I eat and how much and when and how long I work out each day and how it affects my breathing and blah blah blah.  He said some other stuff too.

Dieting does get tiresome after a bit but I know how important  it is to stick with it so I decided to have a look at my BMI  (body mass index) to see if there might be a problem there  and this is the conclusion I’ve reached:


See? No wonder I’m struggling.  I knew there had to be a good reason.  Hmm..all this talk about dieting is making me hungry, I think I’ll go have a little snacky-poo when I’m done writing this.


Just kidding!!!  I would never cheat and eat a cupcake!  Un-uh, nope not me.   I actually meant this:


There..now that’s better.  Yeah right and if you believe that, well then I have a question, “You wanna buy the CN Tower?  I heard it’s for sale and I could get you a good deal!” LOL
I do exercise some though.  Three times a week I strap 4 pound weights around my ankles and do all the stretches I’ve been taught.  I also use 5 pound barbells to strengthen the top of my arms which I fondly refer to as my wings, in addition to  all the general stretches.  Most people call  these stretches a warm-up but for me it’s a full-blown and very tiring work-out.

Then I head over to the stationary bike.  I manage to do the bike with my oxygen set at 8 and for 20 minutes.


I’m proud of this accomplishment  (I already warned you I like to brag) but it’s time to head over to “THE TREADMILL”.

I do not like this piece of machinery and it does not like me right back. I heard it rev its motor as I walked past it the one day.  That’s the way treadmills growl you know.  Don’t ask me how I know that, I just do and you would too if one ever growled at you!
The minute I set foot on it I start feeling dizzy. I set my oxygen to 12 and take my first step and I swear even though the dial says 0.8 km hr. that thing actually decides to go twice as fast and has me panting like a steam engine within minutes.  I’m on to its diabolical ways.  “IT” knows I like it not.

Now let me think, I’ve complained about my diet and my body and exercise and the doctor and “THE TREADMILL”.  Yep, that about covers it for now.   If I think of anything else I have a special button on my keyboard so  I can always add it later.


Have a great day! *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment