Monday, 20 January 2014



Posted on January 24, 2013 by Gale

January has been a very busy month for us.  In addition to physio 2 times a week locally and once a week in Toronto we have also had (and still have) umpteen other appointments.  The physiotherapists monitor my activity closely and alter it as needed.   I have had information meetings, clinic and respirologist  appointments, pulmonary function tests, blood work, an echocardiogram,  weekly appointments  with the dietician,  an appointment with a medication specialist, a CT scan  and on and on it goes, even immunizations for flu, hepatitis and pneumonia.
Does it sound like I’m complaining?  I hope not because I’m very grateful for the quality care I’m receiving and I’m actually in awe at how meticulous the team is about the quality and amount of care they give people waiting for transplants.  We are followed very closely both by the team in Toronto and our doctors and specialists here at home.  I feel very well looked after and that’s because I am being very well looked after.   It is my responsibility to work with the team to try and remain as healthy and stable as possible until lungs become available.  With a little luck, that will happen sooner rather than later, but time will tell.
Eric also managed to keep me entertained a bit.  The hospital is very dry and static builds up quickly.

Every time he touched something like …. oh I dunno;  just about everything; he got  a  jolt so strong that I could actually see the sparks fly.  Several times, I’m pretty sure I saw his feet leave the ground briefly followed by a yelp of pain and one or two expletives!   Poor guy.  I wasn’t laughing at you honey, honest.  I was laughing with you. Now if only you had been laughing too that might sound more believable!

I even suggested that he should touch something else to ground himself before touching the elevator button so he did and still got a shock.  Turns out everything in the elevator is pretty much metal…sheesh.  He was a little put out with me but I ask you, is it my fault elevator designers have no imagination about different decorating materials and textures? LOL!! 

Being the helpful person I am (ok, my halo may be a little tarnished but still ….) I made another very practical suggestion.  I suggested that we shouldn’t bicker over who was right and who was wrong, we should just say it was all his fault and forget it.  hahahaha!  He wasn’t too crazy about that suggestion either. 
Go figure! *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment