Tuesday, 21 January 2014



Posted on May 1, 2013 by Gale


I am now the recipient of two beautiful healthy wonderful lungs.  I received my life-saving transplant on Saturday April 20th 2013 and with them my brand new chance at life.  I am so grateful to my donor and to his/her family for their generosity and caring.  The words are used a lot I know but even thinking about their gift brings a tear to my eyes and they are true heroes in every sense of the word.
This is going to be a short post because I am having a hard time sitting up too long.  I have a few complications that the doctors have to sort out but I trust them completely and know they will handle it.

First my heart kept going into A-Fib (not uncommon after this surgery), my kidneys took a real hit from the combination of cyclosporine and all the drugs administered during the surgery, so we are letting them rest.  They are starting to come back slowly.  Then my pancreas decided to be a little fussy but again, seems to be sorting itself out slowly.

Because of all this my energy levels have not been great but I’m coping and walking and know that things will keep getting better.

But oh my lungs, my beautiful lungs are functioning perfectly and I no longer require supplementary oxygen.

So Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment