Monday, 20 January 2014



Posted on December 2, 2012 by Gale


For some reason when I edited this post I lost all the writing but not the caption or the comments so I will just summarize as much as I can remember of what I originally posted.  I was feeling really down on Dec. 2 because of how long this whole process is taking.  It feels like everything but my illness is moving slow.  The illness seems to be galloping along  lickety split.  It took about 6 months to lose the required weight, then the testing was done mid-September, took till the end of October till they decided I was acceptable as a candidate for the transplant but they still needed a right and left catheterization to determine my pulmonary pressures so they could decide how to proceed with the surgery.  Two more weeks to book that, another week for the results and finally on November 30 the coordinator called to say we could come down on December 7, 2012 to meet with the surgeon and sign the consents for a double lung transplant.
I was feeling down and  very tired at the time I wrote the entry which makes me  as cranky as a two year old so I went to bed and got some sleep.  I have noticed that in the past couple months I tire very easily and need to rest frequently just to function.  Getting some sleep did  help a bit although there is still a fairly high level of frustration.  I guess it all goes with the territory and I am working hard on learning how to remain calm and patient.  One of the techniques I use is to read blogs from various people who are going through the same as me or who have already had their transplant.  One in particular that I always enjoy is the blog for Helene Campbell.  I have followed her journey almost from the start and rejoiced at each milestone.  Here is a link if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment