Please Note: I am reposting my old blog on this site including old posts that were previously published on another site. After I finish putting up all the old posts I will bring the new blog up-to-date with some new thoughts and posts. Thanks for your patience. :) Also, I am not adding all the previous comments from the old blog because I can't figure out how to add them however I appreciated each and every comment and have saved them all so I can go back and read them every now and then. Thanks to everyone who signed the old blog.
About Me
October 2012
Hi. My name is Gale. My husband Eric
and I have 2 lovely daughters and three
wonderful grandchildren who are our
greatest treasures.
Last year (2011), I was diagnosed with a
rare lung disease called Idiopathic
Pulmonary Fibrosis and I’ve been told
that my only hope for survival is a
double lung transplant so read along as
I blog about this wild ride I’m on. For
the sake of clarification, ‘idiopathic’
just means of unknown origin, when
you see the word ‘pulmonary’ that
means it’s related to the lungs and
‘fibrosis’ simply means scarring.
rare lung disease called Idiopathic
Pulmonary Fibrosis and I’ve been told
that my only hope for survival is a
double lung transplant so read along as
I blog about this wild ride I’m on. For
the sake of clarification, ‘idiopathic’
just means of unknown origin, when
you see the word ‘pulmonary’ that
means it’s related to the lungs and
‘fibrosis’ simply means scarring.
I’m calling this blog ‘Every Breath I
Take’ because recently I was listening
to an old Gene Pitney song by that
name (boy am I dating myself!) and I
realized that since I got sick with a lung
disease I focus almost constantly on
every breath I take and how to breathe
easier.
Take’ because recently I was listening
to an old Gene Pitney song by that
name (boy am I dating myself!) and I
realized that since I got sick with a lung
disease I focus almost constantly on
every breath I take and how to breathe
easier.
Writing about my thoughts and feelings
is a good outlet for me because it gives
me a sense of purpose to document and
try to express my feelings as I go
through all this.
is a good outlet for me because it gives
me a sense of purpose to document and
try to express my feelings as I go
through all this.
I was diagnosed last year so let me take
a couple minutes to explain just how
this illness attacks the lungs. For some
unknown reason, my lungs are forming
scar tissue and the more scarred each
area of my lungs become the less pliant
and the more brittle they become. and
will ultimately lead to respiratory
failure. This also puts extra work
on my heart as it tries to pump blood
to my lungs through the scarred lung
tissue. Eventually this extra pressure
will weaken my heart as well. I am on
oxygen all the time now and the
amount I need depends on how
strenuous an activity is.
a couple minutes to explain just how
this illness attacks the lungs. For some
unknown reason, my lungs are forming
scar tissue and the more scarred each
area of my lungs become the less pliant
and the more brittle they become. and
will ultimately lead to respiratory
failure. This also puts extra work
on my heart as it tries to pump blood
to my lungs through the scarred lung
tissue. Eventually this extra pressure
will weaken my heart as well. I am on
oxygen all the time now and the
amount I need depends on how
strenuous an activity is.
I would like to share one of my
favourite quotes with you.
favourite quotes with you.
“Life is not measured by the number of
breaths we take but by the places and
moments that take our breath away.”
~Anonymous
breaths we take but by the places and
moments that take our breath away.”
~Anonymous
Lately it’s my illness that has been
taking my breath away, so every now
and then I have to stop and remind
myself of those moments in my life that
were so special and so wonderful and
so exciting that they took my breath
away. Lucky lady that I am, there have
been many!
taking my breath away, so every now
and then I have to stop and remind
myself of those moments in my life that
were so special and so wonderful and
so exciting that they took my breath
away. Lucky lady that I am, there have
been many!
Gotta run for now so take care and
check back often. I tend to talk a lot
and since that’s become harder,
perhaps I’ll fill the void by writing a lot.
LOL!
check back often. I tend to talk a lot
and since that’s become harder,
perhaps I’ll fill the void by writing a lot.
LOL!


No comments:
Post a Comment